[Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Mark MacFadyen <macfadyen2002_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Oct 6 22:25:01 2005

I came into this discussion group hoping to learn more about democractic schooling, and to challenge my own beliefs about education. I have been successful in this, as many contributors have written thoughtful dialogues. I am increasingly finding, however, that people are taking an authoritarian position, and attacking the use of particular words while losing sight of the overall point, which is helping people open their minds. I wonder if we could raise the bar a bit and get away from references to humanistic slave owners. I would like to continue in this discussion group; however, increasingly I'm being left with a bad taste in my mouth. Isn't the point to help people learn about democratic schooling?

Yahoo! for Good