Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Naomi Bennett <morninghood_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 5 10:02:00 2005

just because people usually find this interesting, I
didn't even learn to read till I was 9, and didn't
start reading till age 11 - I didn't like it. But
really, that's is neither here nor there at SVS.

Also, the early reading makes no sense to me, as a
swimming and movement teaching, I find that babys and
toddlers learn kinesthetically, and most kids are
forced to learn academically too young. It takes time
for most children to transition from learning
kinesthetically to verbally or visually, even if that
may be how they learn best as an adult.

-N