Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Tue Oct 4 16:03:01 2005

Yes, exactly. I also remember that at SVS there was a student around my
age, who I did not know very well, and he was a whiz with cars. I think
at a public school this would have been dismissed, would not have been
considered a type of gift or intelligence. I was always more of an
academic/literature person, and read a lot, so I think it was an easy
call for public schools to say "You read a lot and reading is smart, so
you must be smart," but I think that is a false logic because it is
based on the premise that one type of engagement is superior to
another.