Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Naomi Bennett <morninghood_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Oct 3 19:28:01 2005

I went to SVS my whole life before college, and I
agree with Tay, all children are 'allowed' to be
gifted. This may seem a bit confusing, and I think I
might be able to explain why. Through my experience
with SVS, and now teaching in the public school
systems, I still believe that all children are gifted,
but it's only the one's who it's most apparent who are
labeled such. The others are never given the
opportunity, or encouragement, or room to explore
themselves to find what they are gifted at. In fact,
some people go their whole lives without realizing
what they are gifted at, (or they find it, but it is
something like Art or Theatre that is still not
socially acceptable as a career path, and dismiss
themselves before they start).

-Naomi