Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Sun Oct 2 16:37:00 2005

Mark--

I was in a gifted program in a public school and later transferred to
SVS. My sense of this was that at SVS all the kids were allowed to be
gifted, and that all types of "giftednesses" were accepted for what
they were. I'm not an expert, but if you want to talk to me about it,
I'd be happy to oblige.

-Tay

On 2 Oct, 2005, at 2.10, Mark MacFadyen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a Canadian teacher taking a course at Hong Kong University on
> Gifted Education. For my term paper, I have the opportunity to select
> a topic of my choosing. I have been interested in Sudbury school's
> democratic model since running across the web site last year.
>
> Can anyone provide me with any direction regarding the Sudbury model
> with regards to the education of the gifted and talented? Books, web
> sites, an phone interview with a knowlegable persron, would be very
> helpful. There are many conceptualizations about what a gifted student
> is, and I am interested in writing about Sudbury's conceptual model. I
> will email you my paper when finished if you like.
>
> Thank you!
> Mark MacFadyen
> macfadyen2002_at_delia.edu.hk
>
> Yahoo! for Good