Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] searching for sudbury

From: Scott David Gray <sdg_at_sudval.org>
Date: Wed Sep 21 10:39:00 2005

Hi Cheryl,

There are all kinds of issues with home-schooling, to be
sure. In addition to being extraordinarily expensive (at
least one parent out of the workforce a significant amount
of the time), it has its own other minuses -- mostly that
children want to be with other children, and that it's
healthy for children to spend some time away from the
nuclear family.

I wish that I could give you very specific advice on what to
look for in a school. Unfortunately, I don't think that
there is anything in your area that resembles a Sudbury
school. I'd say that, if moving to an area with a Sudbury
School isn't a possibility, your next best bet is to try and
cobble together a situation in which: