Re: French Immersion Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Start up in Louisiana

From: <Hunderhill_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Aug 9 23:36:02 2005

In a message dated 8/9/05 11:21:05 PM, wotyfree_at_gmail.com writes:

> If students attempt to speak English with staff members who
> understand English, what will happen?
>
> My son had a French teacher who spoke no English when she came to this
country and still pretended not to after she had learned a little bit. What SHE
did was to teach the kids French so they could speak to her in French. By
the time he was a Junior and had had her three times since seventh grade he went
to France for a couple of weeks and was accepted as a native French speaker.
   She went to Louisiana two decades ago to participate in the French
revival, but unfortunately died in a car accident on the way to her daughter's
college graduation. She made a wonderful game of it.

John Harlan Underhill
http://annarborsudbury.org