Re: French Immersion Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Start up in Louisiana

From: Woty <wotyfree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 9 23:21:00 2005

On Aug 3, 2005, at 9:17, Chantal Saucier wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2005, at 10:49 PM, Woty wrote:
>

>> Erm...
>>
>> What will you do when students want to speak English, or want to
>> be spoken to in English?
>>
>> ~Woty
>>

> Erm... I don't know. What would you do if one of your students
> wants to be spoken to in Spanish?

Well, I don't speak Spanish. Clearly, you do speak English.

It seems unlikely that there will be no staff members who are able to
communicate in English, or that your school will be populated solely
by students who prefer to speak in French at all times.

If students attempt to speak English with staff members who
understand English, what will happen?

~Woty