Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Start up in Louisiana

From: Bruce Smith <cultural.renewal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 2 18:38:00 2005

Chantal,

This is Bruce at Alpine Valley School in Colorado. We bought our
present building during our third year of operation. I don't remember
the numbers with much accuracy, but I know that we raised a down
payment of approximately $150,000 through donations and what we called
"secondary notes." These were loans extended to us by friends and
family, on which we could defer payment until the bank was paid off.

We also had the advantage of a two-year (at least) relationship with a
bank, which made it easier for them to loan us the balance.

Best of luck,

Bruce

--
Bruce L. Smith