Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] variations on the model in practice

From: Woty <woty_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri Apr 8 16:36:00 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 16:14, Jeff Collins wrote:

> Hi Todd (and others),
>
> Please don't misunderstand me - I am not trying to attack you or your
> beliefs. I apologize if my message came across as an attack. I fully
> respect your right to have your opinion as to the best way to provide
> an education. However, the point that I was attempting to make is
> that in a Sudbury School there is no "almost all situations" clause.
> This is the difference between what you are advocating and what a
> Sudbury School does - I am only highlighting he difference. I am not
> attempting to make a value judgement on the difference.

I think it is important to take positions, go forward with an open
mind, and adopt better ideas where one finds them. I think this is true
for questions of values as much as any other issue. I *am* making a
value judgment, and I'm not sorry. I think the SVS ethos is better than
what Todd is proposing. There is nothing uncivil about this position --
it's just a disagreement.

~Woty