Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: <Hunderhill_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Apr 7 22:14:01 2005

Normal in the family. Perhaps even necessary, though Woty might disagree.
  In SCHOOL, however, perhaps a different approach is to be followed.
Didactic teaching is just something to be agreed upon, rather than imposed.
Harlan
In a message dated 4/7/05 4:29:26 PM, westerleerdam_at_keyaccess.nl writes:
> Somewhere I heard the story that one scholar wanted to know what language a
> child would develop when left completely alone and without anyone speaking
> to him/her. They found out that the child did not learn to speak any language
> at all (and as a side-effect turned idiot).
> How are we supposed to think anyone will develop anything when nothing is
> done anywhere? When doing anything seems a sin against a rule of "thou shallt
> not encourage".
> I think doing things and proposing things (actions, developments) to a
> child is vital for society and is absolutely normal.

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates
profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."---Lao Tzu