Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Jennifer Blair <noise44_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu Apr 7 17:51:01 2005

Now I just feel like I need more clarity... would, say, informing a student of how school meeting works put them in a box, or do they learn, the way they learn language, by being immersed in it (that is, if they choose to go to school meeting) If a student discussed an issue with a staff member that would be appropriate to raise at school meeting would the staff member suggest this to the student, or would that be considered "encouragement".

Which raises another question about encouragement... are students treated the same as adults in regard to encouragement... would a student be voted out for encouraging other students?

I need to say that I really enjoy the discussions that are happening on this list lately. I personally love the opportunity to challenge and strengthen my belief system, and I feel hearing other peoples perspectives is a great way for me to do it. I support all the work sudbury folks are doing. I ask questions to deepen my understanding, to know if it is work I should be doing...

Jennifer Blair