RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: <marctheriault_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Apr 7 16:39:00 2005

Geert,

Thank you, Merci, Dank u, Danke, Grazie, Gracias, ??? ????????????

(Just trying to touch all the bases.)

--
Prayers and Blessings,
Marc

attached mail follows:

Dear Jennifer,

Somewhere I heard the story that one scholar wanted to know what language a
child would develop when left completely alone and without anyone speaking
to him/her. They found out that the child did not learn to speak any
language at all (and as a side-effect turned idiot).
How are we supposed to think anyone will develop anything when nothing is
done anywhere? When doing anything seems a sin against a rule of "thou
shallt not encourage".
I think doing things and proposing things (actions, developments) to a child
is vital for society and is absolutely normal. And at the same time is the
opposite of imposing yourself on anyone else. (sorry for the language, this
is not my native tongue).
When are we ready to aknowledge that it is only we ourselves who are
struggeling with freedom?

Geert
(Holland Deventer)