Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Jennifer Blair <noise44_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed Apr 6 07:09:00 2005

First... please understand that I raised these questions not because I am being argumentative or defensive , but because I want to try to fully understand. I do have a couple more questions...

I understand the process of voting staff in and out. I imagine that after voting someone in there is a period of time students are getting to know the new staff member and they may be a good staff person for the school or not... I also imagine that staff might change their philosophy of education and, rather than stepping out of their position, their new views might affect their relationships with students and they may be voted out. I also understand the importance of removing staff who are not supportive of the model. Have you experienced staff changing in this way and then being removed?

I'm curious about how you "campaign to remove a staff member"

Does anyone have experience with a staff member initiating the removal of another staff member?

On the issue of students (actually their parents usually) paying tuition and staff being paid... have school felt they had to accept students/families they felt did not support the school because they needed the income. In my area we are seeing a growth in private school enrollment due to parents not wanting their kids in public school (usually because their kid would be in special ed.) They are making these decision not because they want a particular education for their children but because of what they don't want... this is alo resulting in school hopping. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jennifer