Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: teaching and staff salaries

From: Jennifer Blair <noise44_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue Apr 5 22:14:00 2005

When considering a liveable wage for teachers it is probably more realistic to consider a liveable salary. Is a teacher really only working 30 hours a week?... are there meetings afterschool, prep work at home, conferences, etc... ? Being a teacher any where near full time pretty much excludes an individual from having another job to supplement their income and that should be recognized. In VT the average liveable salary for a single person is $25,715/yr. so $18K is really not that outstanding of a salary, even for a single person.