Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Todd Pratum <knowledge_at_pratum.com>
Date: Tue Apr 5 00:10:00 2005
That is not clear to me!  The word encouragement is not related to the word should. Todd.

Alan Klein wrote:

Scott was pretty clear, I think, that when he put the word in quotes, he meant something more akin to “encouragement-because-I-think-I-know-better-for-you-than-you-do-for-yourself.” This is not what I mean by the use of the term without quotes, so I guess we have been talking past one another in part on this.

“Encouragement” is not a skill that is looked for in a staff member in a democratic school. Encouragement is, in my opinion.

~Alan