RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Mon Apr 4 20:52:00 2005

Scott was pretty clear, I think, that when he put the word in quotes, he
meant something more akin to
"encouragement-because-I-think-I-know-better-for-you-than-you-do-for-yoursel
f." This is not what I mean by the use of the term without quotes, so I
guess we have been talking past one another in part on this.

"Encouragement" is not a skill that is looked for in a staff member in a
democratic school. Encouragement is, in my opinion.

~Alan