Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Todd Pratum <knowledge_at_pratum.com>
Date: Sun Apr 3 18:22:00 2005
Alan, is this policy at Sudbury schools (re Jennifer's question below)??  Todd Pratum

Alan Klein wrote:

For me, the same considerations apply as in the “encouragement” question. I want staff members who are fully active human beings. So, it is entirely possible that I will say to a kid (or anyone else), “I am going to be working in the darkroom at X time. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to do so.”

A big question to ask oneself is, “Am I offering this activity because I think it will be good for them or because I enjoy doing it?” If the answer is the former, nix the activity!

~Alan Klein