RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Encouragment.

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Sun Apr 3 17:40:00 2005

For me, the same considerations apply as in the "encouragement" question. I
want staff members who are fully active human beings. So, it is entirely
possible that I will say to a kid (or anyone else), "I am going to be
working in the darkroom at X time. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to
do so."

A big question to ask oneself is, "Am I offering this activity because I
think it will be good for them or because I enjoy doing it?" If the answer
is the former, nix the activity!

~Alan Klein