Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Hofstra University

From: <Hunderhill_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Mar 20 00:08:00 2005

In a message dated 3/19/05 9:13:53 PM, woty_at_bellsouth.net writes
> but maybe residence halls are
> like that everywhere).

They were at the university of Michigan when my son was there. My
daughter got a house with three other girls and lived there for Soph;, Jun. and
Senior years. Much quieter and conducive to study and shared that way no more
expensive.

As for distribution requirements let me ask you a couple of questions.

What do you want out of college? What questions are you trying to answer?

What is the "nature" of human beings?
What makes people "happy"? What makes you "happy"?
Forty years from now, what do you want to look back on?

Harlan in Ann Arbor
annarborsudbury.org

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates
profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."---Lao Tzu