[Discuss-sudbury-model] Hofstra University

From: Woty <woty_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Mar 19 21:07:00 2005

Hi,

I'm currently a student at Hofstra University. I've heard that some
staff members at SVS think Hofstra is good, and I'm curious as to why
this is. My experience with Hofstra has been that it does not seem to
have a very good program or take academic subjects at all seriously.

(And, as a resident student, I'm *really* getting sick of having to
evacuate the building in the middle of the night every couple of weeks
because the building fire alarm goes off, but maybe residence halls are
like that everywhere).

Hofstra also has as many irritating distribution requirements as any
other school.

I've heard that Hofstra's programs in business and in drama are good.
Is this what SVS people respect about Hofstra?

~Woty