Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Fw: [ausschools] AAPAE web site

From: Martinus Meiborg <martinus.meiborg_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon Jan 31 10:55:00 2005

FWIW: In France, parents sign a paper at the start of each school year, in
which they authorize the school (or not) to use their children's pictures.
You can also indicate a few categories, like:
    * For internal use (educational, school newspapers, yearbooks, ...)
    * For promotional use (school brochures, web sites,...)
    * Press & publicity (if a photographer, of a TV crew visits the school,
...)
I would guess such a model would be legally safe in any country. For the
rest you just be very very careful: in most countries everybody has the
"copyright" on their own face, and is entitled to make claims because of
that......

Martinus