Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Newbie with Question

From: Richard Berlin <rberlin_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu Dec 2 11:22:00 2004

Nine years old is what, fourth grade? So that's four or 5 years of
school by now.

Although he doesn't seem to *value* school (which is a separate issue)
it's possible that he's spent all of that time being asked to do things
that may *not* be that difficult for him...and getting acceptable
results much of the time on his first or second try.

Very, very poor preparation for learning a sport (often hard,
especially at first) or an instrument (almost always discouraging for
awhile).

-- Rich