RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Newbie with Question

From: los <blos_at_chello.nl>
Date: Wed Dec 1 17:00:01 2004

Hello Mary,

I usually just read along on this list but thought my experience might be of
some help to you. My son Benjamin,now 10, has been at an Iederwijs school in
the Netherlands since he was 7. Iederwijs is inspired by Sudbury Valley and
is very similar. Ben was also very hesitant to try new things and spent a
long time just observing instead of participating in the beginning. I'm so
glad he has had the time and space to build his courage in his own way. Now
he's ready to tackle new challenges with confidence and committment based on
his own feelings of security. I doubt if that would have happened if he'd
been pushed.

Trust your child
Beverley