Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Sudbury & literacy

From: Frederick W. Schueler <bckcdb_at_istar.ca>
Date: Mon Nov 29 20:01:00 2004

Todd Pratum wrote:

> I for one have been worried--ever since I subscribed to this Sudbury email discussion--with the terrible language skills used here...

* in e-mail, as in many other compositions, 'language skill' is largely
a function of how many revisions the text has been given. Many e-mails
are written under terrible temporal pressure, and are sent out
unrevised, and even unread by the sender.

> such as the posting by Dr. Evan Hughes which was full of so many errors and gross violations of English that I wondered, Dr. Hughes, if you have a learning disability?

* surely omitting the hyphen in "learning by necessity to play
role-playing games" isn't a gross violation of English usage.

fred.
           Bishops Mills Natural History Centre
Frederick W. Schueler, Aleta Karstad, Jennifer Helene Schueler
     (613)258-3107 <bckcdb@istar.ca> http://pinicola.ca
subscribe to the Eastern Ontario Natural History list-serve
by sending "subscribe eobm-nat" in the body of a message to
<majordomo_at_mail2.storm.ca>