Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Sudbury Model outside schools

From: Jennifer Blair <noise44_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 20:24:00 2004

Try these:

http://www.usworkercoop.org/<http://www.usworkercoop.org/>
http://www.veoc.org/relatedlinks.shtml<http://www.veoc.org/relatedlinks.shtml>
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ann Ide<mailto:ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
  To: discuss-sudbury-model_at_sudval.org<mailto:discuss-sudbury-model_at_sudval.org>
  Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Sudbury Model outside schools

  Hi,

  I'm no expert; but I am aware that there are democratically run businesses.
  I really enjoyed reading Maverick, by Ricardo Semlar. I think he is
  considered a maverick in democratically run businesses. This book is his
  story of turning his family owned corporation into a democratically run
  business. He has a newer book out this year; but I can't remember the name.
  I'm sure it would be on Amazon.com. Ricardo has also founded a version of a
  democratically run school in Brazil, the Lumier school. He is getting a lot
  of government support to transition more public schools than he can handle
  into schools like the Lumier school.

  Anyway, start with Maverick. Good luck.

  Ann Ide
  parent at Sudbury Valley School