[Discuss-sudbury-model] ?s about democratic families

From: <MCDAVITT5_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Aug 29 14:43:00 2004

Hi Everyone,
 My name is Ann, I have four young children and we unschool in Indiana. I
would be very interested in any resources that talk of how parents/adults can
help children learn how to come to solutions to their problems on their own. i
have been trying to implement Family Effectiveness Training skills (Thomas
Gordon, active listening, I messages, no-lose soultions) into to our lifestyle the
past few months and am having lots of frustration on everyone's part when it
comes to the kids solving their own problems. I would greatly appreciate any
recommendations by anyone. I also wanted to ask if there is anyone on this list
who lives in central Indiana who has entertained the idea of starting a free
school. THank you for your time.

Peace
Ann McDavitt