RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] How do you apply Sudbury model to early childhood education?

From: Vera Wagemans <vera-wagemans_at_tiscalinet.be>
Date: Sat Aug 28 13:19:00 2004

Hi Allison,

yes this is definately possible, it is because of the way I am with my
daugther that I came to Sudbury.
You might want to read Deborah Jackson (the former title was 'do not
disturb', but is has been edited recently and I know the title is now
differen). Also books by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish ('how to talk so kids
will listen and listen so kids will talk', 'liberated children, liberated
parents') fit into the train of thought.

There is an active list about 'the continuum concept' from Jean Liedloff
(check out www.continuum-concept.org), which I learned heaps from. Very wise
people on that list!

greetz, Vera
'De Vlinder' Sudbury School Gent