Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] How do you apply Sudbury model to early childhood education?

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Aug 27 22:06:00 2004

Dear Allison,
You might start with something available in the web, Ages Four and Up, from Child Rearing (http://www.sudval.org/books.html) By Daniel Greenberg, http://www.sudval.org/texts/age4and.html .

Cheers,
~ David

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Allison Tiffany-Goldstein
  To: discuss-sudbury-model_at_sudval.org
  Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 2:26 AM
  Subject: [Discuss-sudbury-model] How do you apply Sudbury model to early childhood education?

  Hi Everyone!

  My name is Allison Tiffany-Goldstein, and I'm new to your discussion list. I discovered Sudbury while researching alternative education on the Internet. I have a six month old baby girl, and I would like to know how I can apply the Sudbury model to early childhood education. Can it be used in educating your infant?

  My background is as follows.

    a.. Born and raised in New Jersey.
    b.. Mother was a public school teacher.
    c.. Attended public schools as a child. Graduated from high school in 1983.
    d.. B.S. in Secondary Education from public university.
    e.. J.D. from private college.
    f.. Enjoyed school and learning until 7th grade. Disliked school and learning from 7th grade until senior year in college. Fell in love with school and learning my senior year in college. Loved "learning" in law school but strongly disliked the "boot camp" atmosphere of the law school "system."
    g.. I'm a stay home mom and live in Phoenix.

  I realized late in life that learning IS fun! There's just a lot of teachers and school systems that make it awful. I want my daughter to have a positive experience. Any advice?

  Thank you in advance.

  Fondly,

  Allison