Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re:Philosophy (was Paradigms)

From: <Hunderhill_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jul 25 23:32:00 2004

In a message dated 7/25/04 9:38:35 AM, jcollins_at_bestweb.net writes:

<< When we (Hudson Valley Sudbury School) do our information meetings, we

start the conversation from the angle of 'responsibility'. We say we

provide a place where the students are responsible for their education,

for their environment, the culture they create and ultimately their

lives - a laboratory where they can practice being responsible.

Responsibility and freedom are two sides of the same coin, it is just

that the 'listening' for the word responsibility is better than it is

for the word 'freedom'. >>

What an ingenious approach. Thanks.
Harlan