Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Philosophy (was Paradigms)

From: Sally Rosloff <sallyr_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun Jul 25 17:50:01 2004

Just after I posted about the emphasis on going to college, I came across
this article on yahoo:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&ncid=2026&e=4&u=/latimests/20040725/ts_latimes/satsbigmultiplechoice

It tells about students stressing out over the change in the SAT. Here's
the relevant quote from a student commenting on taking an intensive prep
class for the test:

Sasha has his own high hopes for the class. "You spend your whole summer,
but then your future is set out for you," he said. "You get into a good
college and then a good career, and your whole life is set."

That's the paradigm.

Sally