Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Is there such a thing as a semi-democratic school ?

From: <JerryAERO_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jun 20 11:38:00 2004

So, you said it yourself: The meeting is not always democratically
controlled. In the "number of days" issue they had to go to the assembly, which happened
to agree with them, but might not have. Furthermore, the state law usually
dictates the minimum number of days a school has to meet to be legal. That is
not subject to change by a democratic meeting. So, when the studens have
decisions to make they make good decisions. That's great. Most of us have seen that.
Personally I trust the meeting to make good decisions. But that still doesn't
mean that the meeting can make 100 % of decisions about the school. That was
my point. By the way, your school sounds great.

Jerry