Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Is there such a thing as a semi-democratic school ?

From: <JerryAERO_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jun 19 10:24:00 2004

In a message dated 6/19/04 6:48:34 AM, rovners_at_netvision.net.il writes:

<< Is there such a thing as a semi-democratic school ?

~ David Rovner >>

I think there is no such thing as a completely democratic school. There are
always limitations, whether they involve state or federal law, health and
safety, etc. To me the key is that in the realm that students are making decisions,
that they have full authority, with no veto power. They can then experience
the democratic process.

Jerry Mintz