[Discuss-sudbury-model] Football do teaches us something !!

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Jun 4 15:31:00 2004

Football do teaches us something !!
http://www.nflyouthfootball.com

Do we need this approach in democratic schools ?

Do we need programs to help kids and their families have an enjoyable experience every time they step on a football field (soccer & american football) ?

Do we need suggestions that will help us promote a positive experience for all participants ?

The NFL Youth Programs were developed to help kids and their families have an enjoyable experience every time they step on a football field.

The 7 Guiding Principles of NFL Youth Programs
http://www.nflyouthfootball.com/exec/nfl/7_GuidingPrinciples.cfm?publicationID=15

1. Make It Fun
2. Limit Standing Around
3. Everyone Plays
4. Teach Every Position To Every Participant
5. Emphasize The Fundamentals
6. Incorporate A Progression Of Skill Development For Every Participant
7. Yell Encouragement, Whisper Constructive Criticism

Do we need them in democratic schools ?

We don't, because we either already have them or we don't need them.

"In democratic schools sports, the play's the thing. And everyone comes out a winner."

~ David Rovner