Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] ORGANIZING SUDBURY

From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon Apr 19 20:20:01 2004

On Sunday, April 18, 2004, at 01:32 PM, Sugmapl_at_aol.com wrote:

> Hi Carol,
>
> Thank you, you wrote:
>
>> We need more and more and more Sudbury schools,
>
> Indeed. Please Sudbury roll another 3 of these deals. And all you
> other bigger Sudburies roll one more. And each and every one of you
> folks that come on this list and say you are "thinking about", or
> "exploring the idea of", or "is there anyone in my area who would like
> to", please consider yourself and the power that you have. Please
> consider Schindler, at the end, looking at the small pin.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Bill Richardson

Quite.

It will happen, in the end, you know. All each of us needs to do is to
convince just ONE other person to enrol their kid in a Sudbury school.
In one generation, or two at most, the entire population of the planet
will have been convinced!

The reason is, that such numbers increase exponentially: 1, then 2,
then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, and so on (the pattern is, in x
stages, 2-to-the-power-of-x people are convinced) ... and 2 to the
power of a mere 33 is greater than the entire population of the world.

Cheers!

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>