Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Rightwing SVS's?

From: Jeff Collins <jcollins_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Mon Apr 5 08:58:00 2004

Hi everyone,

I think it is important to keep in mind that a Sudbury School is defined
by an educational philosophy, not a financing policy. The opposite of a
Sudbury School is NOT a Public School, it is a Compulsory Curriculum
School. Personally, I love the idea of school being financed by the
community as a community obligation - in other words I love Public
Schools. I just don't like the idea that they all seem to be run as
Compulsory Curriculum Schools.

Jeff Collins
Hudson Valley Sudbury School
www.hudsonvalleyschool.org