RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Rightwing SVS's?

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Sun Apr 4 11:14:00 2004

When I was first looking to get into alternative education, in the late
1960's and early 1970's, school choice and vouchers were "liberal"
issues. Somehow, and I don't know how he did it, Reagan turned them into
conservative issues.

Many liberals these days have an incredible knee-jerk negative reaction
to the notions. Conservatives are more accepting, perhaps also in
knee-jerk fashion, since most of them recoil as soon as they come to
grips with the real implications of not taking away kids' right to
choose their own learning path.

~Alan Klein