Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]

From: Heidi Crane <bunsofaluminum60_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 3 10:40:01 2004

I'll second THAT recommendation! Reading Gatto and Holt changed my beliefs
about how human beings learn, what "teaching" is, what education is "for" in
this country, more than any other authors. The Gatto opus is truly MAGNUM
LOL but well worth the read. He makes connections. Notices trends. Sees
where they affect American Education or vice versa...

it's available to read online.

Blessings, HeidiC

>From: "Webinfusion" <webinfusion_at_comcast.net>
>To: <discuss-sudbury-model_at_sudval.org>
>Subject: Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]
>Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:32:17 -0500
>
>Hi Sam,
>
>There is a book by John Taylor Gatto, a former ps teacher, about the origin
>and purpose of public schools that you might find interesting and useful..
>
>It's called The Underground History of American Education.
>http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/
>
>Tracy

http://hillermethod.com/bunso
Lose Weight Without Dieting!
Check out The Hiller Method!
http://hillermethod.com/bunso

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp