Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]

From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 1 23:44:00 2004

On Thursday, April 1, 2004, at 10:06 PM, someone asked:

> Have you, or others you know, found that you hadn't learned something
> that was needed later in life? I'm thinking specifically of something
> like calculus or algebra. Do a lot of the students (is that the right
> term?) at SVS choose to learn that kind of thing?

I went through the regular (non-SVS) school system and the regular
university system. In them I learned that the Theory of Relativity was
true. I learned that America was founded as a democracy. I learned that
Goedel had proved his famous Incompleteness Theorem. I learned that
central banks are controlled by the government of their country. 'Nuff
said.

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>