RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]

From: Kelly Reynolds <kellyrey_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Mar 31 19:41:00 2004

There are a million things I didn't learn that I later needed (I was
traditionally educated). I needed skills in cooking, cleaning, baby care,
gardening, natural medicine, finances, and car repair. I have learned these
things lately, but the bad thing about my education is that it didn't
prepare me to be an independent learner. It has taken a few years of
adulthood to learn how to get info and how to teach myself new skills. I
think kids at Sudbury will have many things they need to know that they
didn't learn from 6-18 years old (everyone will, surely), but they will know
how to go about learning when they realize which skills and information
they need.

Kelly