[Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: Y'all come/starting a school

From: Caren Knox-Hundley <carenkh_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 4 09:09:01 2004

Mimi, thanks for your post. I, too, am unwilling to put my children into
"school" - so, until we get a democratic school going here (Charlotte, NC) I
am unschooling them at home. If that's an option for you, there's lots of
information out there. You can put "unschooling" into a search engine, and
many sites will come up. There are lots of resources at unschooling.com.

Too, I am a separated parent, and am having to make some sacrifices to stay
home with my guys, but I believe we can create the life we want.

Speaking of which, I am beginning the beginning stages of starting a Sudbury
Valley School here - I've put out e-mails to the home/unschooling lists I'm
on, and there is some interest from other parents. I know there are many
resources on the sudval website, but if anyone has any tips, experience,
advice, etc. on getting this thing going, I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Lurking no longer,
Caren

--
Caren Knox-Hundley