RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Y'all come

From: Mimi Gauthier LeBien <iamiriam_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu Mar 4 01:03:00 2004

I just joined this list, mostly in desperation to find alternative
"schooling" for my son. I live in Louisiana, and it's killing me to watch
the school system pound the spirits out of our children, and turn them into
little marching soldiers...to see their lights grow dimmer with each year.
I'm ready to move. I'm going through a divorce so that may be tricky. But
I'd love to hear any input about alternative schooling. Please - talk to
me. My son makes A's and is very smart, but he "hates school," and I'm not
willing to just brush that off. There is something wrong when so many
children "hate school." We need to start listening to our kids...

Thank you,
Mimi Gauthier LeBien