[Discuss-sudbury-model] Queensland Minister for Education decides to withdraw Booroobin's accreditation

From: The Booroobin Sudbury School / Derek Sheppard <booroobin_at_squirrel.com.au>
Date: Sat Dec 6 23:15:03 2003

Hi all,

The Queensland Minister for Education has agreed with the Board in their decision to withdraw our accreditation. Advice was received on Friday, the last day of School.

A couple more steps happened in the process, with the Minister establishing an "independent" panel to review all information, It was a ploy to buy more time, and take away chances of parliamentary scrutiny of her actions. We compiled 2 further submissions of some 40 pages of text and accompanied them with some 220 pages of attachments (all submissions will soon appear on the web site). The submission to the panel was compiled in 14 days, as required and delivered on November 25.

We will now go into the next phase and seek pro bono legal services, and take the matters of restitution of our costs and losses of at least $200,000 and accreditation to the Courts.

Our family will move out of our house back onto the campus as caretakers in early January in order that we consolidate our energy and income.

Assistance to acheive our objectives would be appreciated.

Regards, Derek
The Booroobin Sudbury School - a centre of learning
www.booroobinschool.com.au
Ph +61 07 5499 9944 Fax +61 07 3251 0470
Homestay boarding accommodation
Ph +61 07 5499 9943