Re: minimum attendance requirements (Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] In the news)

From: Marilu Diaz <madiaz_at_puertorico.fcb.com>
Date: Fri Dec 5 15:19:00 2003

I understand the daily hour minimum attendance is a amndatory by law... but
I asked once if they had a policy for kids taking time off the school
calendar (for traveling or just a break) and I was told they required that
the children attend school long enough to be considered part of the
community (consistency...).

I thing in any community there are the 'always present' and the 'come and go
 kind. They should allow children to take time off the school routine (if
they so wish).