minimum attendance requirements (Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] In the news)

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Dec 5 05:22:01 2003

I suppose it is the difference between "democracy" and anarchy.
Even though democracy at SVS is much better than democracy in a national level.
Democracy at SVS is a direct democracy. Compare with representative "democracy" that we have in all nations all over the world.

I hope the rational for minimum attendance rules IS NOT enhancing consistency and school culture.
I would say it is more "(law and) order as foundations of discipline".

And . . . school's staff responsibility towards parents.

~ David Rovner