RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Principal Certification?

From: Lea Mason <masonle_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue Dec 2 22:55:00 2003

Peter,

I'll cast my vote with "the other one." A public school principal
certification would not influence me to enroll in your school.

As a parent involved in a Sudbury model school, I think the key to parents'
trusting a Sudbury school is not so much their trust in the school, but
their willingness to trust their child. When our son and we made the
decision to enroll in a Sudbury school, it made no difference whether or not
any staff member had a certification in the traditional education system.
What made a difference was that they were committed to trusting and
respecting the students.

Best wishes,

Lea Mason
Parent at Diablo Valley School