Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] democratically run universities?

From: kathryn manz <cairo134_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 25 09:03:01 2003

Friends World Program (when I went there it was Friends World College), part of SUNY at SouthHampton, NY has an excellent liberal arts, experiential education component. Look into it. They have centers all over the world. I studied in Europe, Africa and the United States what I wanted, when I wanted to and feel like my Bachelor's experience was so much more satisfying than my next educational pursuits for an 'advanced degree.' Although FWC was absorbed by a large, State run school after I graduated in 89, much of the original philosophy that led me to FWC in the mid 1980's, when it was a private school much like Marlboro, have been retained - student-based independent study, an Assemby body overseeing the direction of the program, etc. etc.

Kathryn