Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] democratically run universities?

From: Brooks Elms <lbrookse_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Nov 22 12:32:01 2003

You might want to check out Antioch College.

It's not democratic, although it seems like the social structure
MIGHT be unusually inclusive. And I know a few great people
who attend this college and work at a wonderful consensus-centered
education community called Play Mountain Place that's been
around since 1949.

http://www.antioch-college.edu/

"Antioch students experiment. With the faculty, they
develop plans for their own education. Antioch students
are intelligent decision makers and informed risk takers
who become creative thinkers and courageous practitioners.
An Antioch education provides a framework for self-motivated
learners to express themselves and their creative talents
within and beyond standard parameters - and succeed. "

[Please accept my apologies if this post is too far
off-topic from the discussion of the Sudbury Model.
I thought it was just barely on-topic enough to post
it here instead of privately.]

Brooks Elms