Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] democratically run universities?

From: Dana Matthew Bennis <dbennis12_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Nov 22 11:04:00 2003

Hi Martin,

One democratically-run college/university that I know of in the U.S. is
Deep Springs. Though as far as models go, it has only 26 students (all
male). There are certainly a good number of colleges that give students
control over their learning, and/or are more discussion-based rather than
lecture and test, and some that might have students more involved in
decision-making. But Deep Springs is the only one I've heard of that is
democratic in the sense of one person one vote. Read their governance page
for more info. http://www.deepsprings.edu

If anyone knows of others, please post. Good luck Martin, and keep us up
to date on what is happening.

Dana Bennis