Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] In the news

From: <Evfocus_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Nov 21 14:38:01 2003

Hi Everyone,
I see Carols point still I was pleased by the article.. I am the mother of
two students at this school. It mentioned that my daughter used to fake sick to
stay home from school and now she never does. It also attributed her self
assurance to her attendence at the school.
It mentioned that one of the staff moved here from Los Angeles so her
children could attend the school.
Few people can see the value in this model unless they study it and shift
thier understanding of how children learn. A lot of people dismiss it with out
giving it a second thought. We have had less flattering articles in the past.
I think there was enough positive description that someone might get curious
enough to look into it.
Evelyn
Diablo Valley School Parent